Allwinner Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Forum for Allwinner chipset-based devices

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Android booting get struck
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm by pueeth

» ME I WELCOME
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:45 am by soy_123

» royqueen android tablet need firmware
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm by ginarvs

» Hi, i'm cid
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:50 am by nikkojames15

» [How to] Flash Firmware For ONDA VX580W/VX610W Standard, Enhanced, Fashion, Deluxe
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm by buddyfolk

» [kernel source] Linux source for Allwinner/Boxchip F20 (sun3i), A10 (sun4i) and A12/A13 (sun5i) SoCs
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am by Dvalin21

» [ONDA] VX580W Standard / Fashion - Allwinner A13
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 am by cid

» [ONDA] VX580W Deluxe/Enhanced - Allwinner A10
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm by cid

» [ArchLinux-64bit] Install GCC Compiler - Arm-Linux-Gnueabi
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 am by cid

Top posters
cid
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_vote_lcap[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_voting_bar[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_vote_rcap 
Admin
[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_vote_lcap[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_voting_bar[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker I_vote_rcap 
AppsFoundry
nova13
laksonoadi
rachmaths
mo_bledhoz
pueeth
Dvalin21
buddyfolk
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is pueeth

Our users have posted a total of 17 messages in 13 subjects

[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cid
Admin
cid

Penguin Egg : 85048

[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker Empty
PostSubject: [News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker   [News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 am

The dynamics of the mobile device industry can be seen in the rise of tablets and in particular the growth in Android based tablets. This new form factor has grown to an expected 100M shipping volume in 2012 with this being projected to exceed 200M by 2016 – when Android tablet shipments is expected to be over 50% (Source: IDC). This new form factor and pace of change have opened up opportunities for new companies to offer specific System on Chip (SoC) businesses a chance to address this market. Allwinner Technology Co., Ltd.is one of these. Over the last 12 months Allwinner Technology has become one of the major China Android tablet SoC chip vendors, with many of the Android tablet OEM system makers adopting our chip and system solution. A key industry analyst in China expects 40M Android tablets to ship in the China grey market in 2012, and it is expected that 60% of the share will be from Allwinner Technology.

[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker Blogentry-103749-065202800%201340125154_thumb

This rapid time to market has been achievable through the close working relationship and usage of ARM Intellectual Property (IP). Allwinner Technology uses a combination of the ARM CortexTM-A8 and ARM MaliTM-400 MP. This combination enables Allwinner Technology to balance the required performance needs for tablet applications with the power consumption boundaries of a mobile device. By working with ARM for both CPU and GPU elements Allwinner Technology have been able to maximize the benefits of both high performance with low power consumption that ARMs years of knowledge in the mobile device market brings to new entrants to the market. Allwinner Technology has gone from the licensing of the Mali-400 to production silicon in 7 months. This speed of execution has been enabled by the close linkage between the CPU and GPU from a design perspective, the RVDS and ARM DS-5TM toolchain and the out-the-box quality software drivers which are all supported by localised support teams. All these elements combined have enabled Allwinner Technology to move swifter and in an agile way to address the needs of this market and we look forward to working with ARM going forward.

[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker Blogentry-103749-077040500%201340124250_thumb

Source:
http://blogs.arm.com/multimedia/750-allwinner-technology-and-arm-working-together-to-get-to-market-quicker/
Back to top Go down
http://www.cidtux.net

[News] Allwinner Technology and ARM working together to get to market quicker
Page 1 of 1