Allwinner Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Forum for Allwinner chipset-based devices

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Android booting get struck
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm by pueeth

» ME I WELCOME
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:45 am by soy_123

» royqueen android tablet need firmware
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm by ginarvs

» Hi, i'm cid
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:50 am by nikkojames15

» [How to] Flash Firmware For ONDA VX580W/VX610W Standard, Enhanced, Fashion, Deluxe
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm by buddyfolk

» [kernel source] Linux source for Allwinner/Boxchip F20 (sun3i), A10 (sun4i) and A12/A13 (sun5i) SoCs
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am by Dvalin21

» [ONDA] VX580W Standard / Fashion - Allwinner A13
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 am by cid

» [ONDA] VX580W Deluxe/Enhanced - Allwinner A10
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm by cid

» [ArchLinux-64bit] Install GCC Compiler - Arm-Linux-Gnueabi
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 am by cid

Top posters
cid
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_vote_lcap[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_voting_bar[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_vote_rcap 
Admin
[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_vote_lcap[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_voting_bar[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? I_vote_rcap 
AppsFoundry
nova13
laksonoadi
rachmaths
mo_bledhoz
pueeth
Dvalin21
buddyfolk
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is pueeth

Our users have posted a total of 17 messages in 13 subjects

[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cid
Admin
cid

Penguin Egg : 85048

[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? Empty
PostSubject: [Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet?   [Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 am

Rockchip and AMLogic dual-core tablet come out to snatch the tablet PC market while AllWinner dual-core tablet keeps in silence. Although Allwinner A10 & A13 still hot in the middle-low end market. Rockchip RK3066 and AMLogic AML8726-MX has already listed for two months from the beginning of May. Now these two chip still mainly occupy the china dual-core tablet PC market. Freescale’s quad-core tablet PCs begin to launch, even Tegra3 quad-core. Obviously, allwinner may it is late for launch dual-core, but it doesn’t mean that Allwinner will give up dual-core tablet. Allwinner will launch Quad-core chips in August. Latest news report that AMPE will launch a new 10.1 Inch IPS Tablet PC equipped with allwinner quad-core processor.

[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet? Cortex-A7_MPCore458x528(1)

According to latest report the allwinner quad-core is using ARM Cortex-A7 structure. A7 running the same sequence as Cortex A8, it can execute two instructions in sequence in parallel computer, but there are still big difference between A7 and A8. Cortex A7 has an 8-stage integrated pipeline and can support dual-transmitter, but A7 does not support NEON instruction set. They are same in many internal structure but improve greatly in FPU. Limited broadband design make A7 chip volume can be very small. ARM claimed the volume of 28nm’s single-core Cortex-A7 is only 0.5nm²。ARM hope the supplier can set the A7′s die volume to be 1/2 or even 1/3 of A8′s.

Although it is limited in dual-transmitter capacity, ARM hopes A7 can provide more power per Hz performence and overall performance than A8, since it use the more advanced predictor its branch Prediction computing power has improved and this also make the chip more energy saving. ARM also point out that the A7 use more low latency L2 cache(10 cycles), the details should be depends on the manufacturer. In fact, Cortex-A7 should be weaker than A8 in evaluate performance because of the dual-transmitter broadband limitation.

Cortex A7 with Cortex-A15 can achieve 100% ISA compatible, and the A7 able to support new virtual instruction set, integer division and 40-bit memory addressing. It means that A7 can running any codes which running base on A15 core but with lower computational speed. But this make SoC chip equipped with the cortex-A15 and the Cortex-A7 at the same time gain a practical significance, they can switch instantly per the task load. ARM called this mechanism as big. LITTLE. For this part, ARM official website introduces: Cortex A7 and Cortex-A15 are the same in processor system structure and functions set. the difference is that the Cortex-A7 processor’s micro-system structure is more focus on energy efficiency, so these two processor can work together in big. LITTLE configuration to improve the combination of performance and saving energy .

Conclusions: The advantages of the Cortex-A7 compare with Cortex-A8 is higher performance, lower power consumption ,relatively lower cost and compatible with the Cortex-A15′s ISA. The expectation of ARM official website for Cortex-A7 "As a independent processor. It can make period 2013-2014′s less than $100 entry-level smart phone comparable with the $500 high-end smart phone in 2010". So it is worth looking forward to the Allwinner quad-core tablet PC.

Source:
http://www.chinaeshops.com/blog/ampe-allwinner-cortex-a7-quad-core-tablet-is-coming.html
http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a7.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.cidtux.net

[Rumours] Ampe Allwinner Cortex-A7 Quad-core Tablet?
Page 1 of 1