Allwinner Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Forum for Allwinner chipset-based devices

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Android booting get struck
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm by pueeth

» ME I WELCOME
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:45 am by soy_123

» royqueen android tablet need firmware
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm by ginarvs

» Hi, i'm cid
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:50 am by nikkojames15

» [How to] Flash Firmware For ONDA VX580W/VX610W Standard, Enhanced, Fashion, Deluxe
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm by buddyfolk

» [kernel source] Linux source for Allwinner/Boxchip F20 (sun3i), A10 (sun4i) and A12/A13 (sun5i) SoCs
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am by Dvalin21

» [ONDA] VX580W Standard / Fashion - Allwinner A13
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 am by cid

» [ONDA] VX580W Deluxe/Enhanced - Allwinner A10
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm by cid

» [ArchLinux-64bit] Install GCC Compiler - Arm-Linux-Gnueabi
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 am by cid

Top posters
cid
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_vote_lcap[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_voting_bar[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_vote_rcap 
Admin
[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_vote_lcap[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_voting_bar[Wiki] Allwinner A1x I_vote_rcap 
AppsFoundry
nova13
laksonoadi
rachmaths
mo_bledhoz
pueeth
Dvalin21
buddyfolk
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is pueeth

Our users have posted a total of 17 messages in 13 subjects

[Wiki] Allwinner A1x

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cid
Admin
cid

Penguin Egg : 85048

[Wiki] Allwinner A1x Empty
PostSubject: [Wiki] Allwinner A1x   [Wiki] Allwinner A1x EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:41 am

The Allwinner A1X, known under Linux as sunxi, is a family of SoC devices designed by AllWinner Technology Co. Ltd. from Zhuhai, China. Currently the family consists of the A13 and the A10. The SoCs incorporate the ARM Cortex-A8 as its main processor and the Mali 400 as the GPU. The Allwinner A1X is referred to as a 'Many core' processor due to its use of multiple processors to perform different functions.

The Allwinner A1X is known for its ability to easily boot from an SD card GNU/Linux distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, and other ARM architecture-capable GNU/Linux distributions. The ability is in addition to the Android OS usually installed on the Flash memory of the device.

Models

Currently the A1X family consists of two models. The A10 (sun4i) is the current full-featured SoC with all the features outlined below. The A13 (sun5i) is a lower power consumption and lower cost version of the A10 which is designed primarily for tablet computers. The A13 does not not have HDMI or SATA connections. A new more powerful A1X version[4] (sun6i - Allwinner A15?) is rumored to be forthcoming. This rumor has not been confirmed yet by Allwinner. But on July 9 cnbeta.com speculated the next SoC from AllWinner will be a quad-core Cortex-A7 Although the rumor has not yet been confirmed by Allwinner SoC semiconductor manufacturers frequently release new versions due to advances as a result of Moore's Law.

Features

Video Processing Unit

HD Video Decoding (Super HD 2160P/3D Film)
Support all popular video formats, including VP8AVS,
h.264 MVC, VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, ...
HD Video Encoding (H.264 High Profile)
Support encoding in H.264 format

Digital processing Unit

MULTI-CHANNEL HD displays
Built-in HDMI
YPbPr, CVBS, VGA
LCD interfaces: CPU, RGB, LVDS up to Full 1080P HDTV

Memory

DDR2, DDR3 SDRAM, 32-bit
SLC/MLC/TLC/DDR NAND

Connectivity

USB 2.0
CSI, TS
SD Card 3.0
10/100 Ethernet controller
CAN Bus, Built-in SATA 2.0 Interface
I²C, SPDIF and AC97 audio interfaces
PS2, SPI , TWI and UART

Storage and boot devices

NAND FLASH
SPI NOR FLASH
SD Card
USB
SATA

Implementations

Many manufacturers have adopted the Allwinner A1X for use in devices running the Android operating system and the Linux operating System. The Allwinner A1X is used in tablet computers, set-top boxes, and mini-PC's.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllWinner_A1X
Back to top Go down
http://www.cidtux.net

[Wiki] Allwinner A1x
Page 1 of 1